Thursday, June 27, 2019

Huvitav vaatepunkt

Dear Ones: I just spent a beautiful two days at the International Women’s Summit, in Arizona. I had the delight and honor of sharing the…

"Dear Ones: I just spent a beautiful two days at the International Women’s Summit, in Arizona. I had the delight and honor of sharing the stage yesterday with my friend and sister @cherylstrayed, who never fails to bring the GOODS in conversation. She and I were talking about the criticism that we have each received for having left our marriages and for having set out in the world on journeys of solo exploration. Of course we have been called selfish. Naturally we were accused of being irresponsible, losers, failures as wives and women, greedy and lustful, etc., etc. But one of the most universal criticisms (what everyone agreed on) was that both Cheryl and I had run away from our lives. Because there is (still!! ) only one version of female life that is considered appropriate, respectable, and solid. And that is: married, in a home. Preferably with children. (If you don’t have them, it had better be because you CAN’T. All other reasons are unacceptable.) But yesterday on stage, Cheryl spoke these simple words, as a rejoinder to all the criticism: “I didn’t run away from my life. I went deeper into it.” Women, listen: you are allowed to do this. No matter what they say, no matter what the shape of your journey may be (literal, spiritual, emotional, intellectual) you are allowed to move ever deeper into your life. The operative word here is that it is YOURS. It’s yours. It’s yours. It’s yours. Your life is yours. It belongs to you. Your life is not theirs. It does not belong to them. You are not required to check in with the agents and guardians of CCC (Cultural Central Command) before you decide what you need to do with your life. It’s yours. Move deeper in. I love you. Onward, ❤️" LG

Allikas: Instagram @ elizabeth_gilbert_writer

Hmm. Kas me saame kunagi oma kohustuste eest ära joosta?
Kui me neid ei taha, siis äkki need polegi "meie" kohustused.

Väga huvitav vaatepunkt igatahes.


1 comment:

väga väga naine said...

Aus.
Mitte huvitav, vaid tõene =) Juu =)